At our daycare in Foxford person centred, dementia specific care is provided in a welcoming and secure environment while ensuring that the individual needs and interests are catered to.
Activities are designed to meet the needs and preferences of the clients and include social interaction, arts, crafts, musical entertainment, gentle exercises, gardening, bingo and reminiscence therapy.
A wholesome meal is provided by the local meals and wheels service and snacks are provided throughout the day.
We operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10am to 3pm. We are staffed by a nurse manager and trained healthcare assistants.
The cost of the service is €15 per day or part of the day.
The cost per day for clients availing of the transport service is €20.
To attend the daycare service, we request the following:
* A doctor’s letter outlining the medical conditions of the client.
* A copy of the client’s current prescription.
* Medications that are needed to be given during the day care times. Please ensure medications are in their original packaging and with original labelling.
* A change of clothes and underwear in case of incontinence. If the client is incontinent you will need to supply two incontinence pads per day.
* Please bring any appliances the client may use such as a walking aid, etc.
We intend to ensure the client enjoys our time with us. Any suggestions that you may have to help us achieve this are gratefully received.
We also offer a free counselling service is available to the client and their family through the Western Alzheimers family support officer.
For further information contact Winnie Tolan: