Job Title Chef (3 days per week)
Location: Athenry, Galway.
Publication 19th May 2020
Reporting Relationship: The Chef reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
Purpose of the Post Management and provision of catering services.
Roles and Responsibilities
· To coordinate, roster and manage staff within the catering, hygiene and laundry services.
· To order supplies for the catering services. · Prepare menus and oversee delivery of food to residents from the kitchen.
· To ensure catering services are scheduled and provided.
· To provide a range of balanced and varied meals for residents.
· To provide meals for staff.
· To manage the ordering, delivery and receipt of foodstuffs · To operate standard Cooking equipment such as oven/hob, Bain Marie, steamers, toasters, choppers.
· Participate and direct in cleaning of kitchen and equipment
· Comply with all policies and procedures relevant to the job role including those that incorporate health and safety, HACCP, infection control and waste disposal.
· To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Nursing.
· The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
· Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality. To this end you will not discuss workings of Maryfield Nursing Home or its residents with people outside Maryfield Nursing Home.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
Previous experience in Cooking
No educational qualifications are required HACCP Training
Previous experience in Cooking for the older person Nutritional qualification
Essential skills, Competencies and/or Knowledge
Understand health and safety policy, with special emphasis’ on the kitchen and food hygiene.
· Act as a good role model
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Garda Clearance is a requirement for this position.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Alzheimer’s is an equal opportunities employer