Western Alzheimers are recruiting for the following post:
Receptionist / Office Administrator
The role is based in Maryfield Nursing Home, Athenry, Co. Galway. H65 DD54
The Office Administrator will have responsibility for the efficient running of the office, organisation of filing systems and provision of support services for Maryfield Nursing Home. The Office Administrator will have excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and will work well in a team environment.
Hours : Permanent Full Time- 5 days per week
A more detailed job description is available at https://westernalzheimer.ie/careers/
Garda Clearance is a requirement for this position.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5PM on Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Western Alzheimer’s is an equal opportunities employer
MARYFIELD NURSING HOME RESPITE HOME
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
|Reporting Relationship||Reports directly to the Person in Charge or their Deputy
|Job Summary||The Office Administrator will have administrative responsibility for the efficient running of the office, organisation of filing systems and complimentary work and provision of support services for Maryfield Nursing Home and Office. The Office Administrator will work as part of a Team with other staff.
|Roles and Responsibilities||The following are the key responsibilities of the Administrator but this is not an exhaustive list:
· Manage all aspects of administration for Maryfield Nursing Home Respite Home as outlined by the Person in Charge/Deputy/Nurse on Duty including general office and clerical tasks, diary management and monitoring fax and phone messages ensuring a record is kept of all calls.
· Manage reception to ensure all information requests from the general public, both in person or on the phone, are handled and processed in an efficient, helpful, sensitive and professional manner and a record of all client enquiries is maintained in the enquiry book.
· Deal with all matters relating to Maryfield Nursing Home, its clients, staff and information in a professional and confidential manner.
· Plan/manage the administration of admissions and discharges to the home including the issuing of invoices and receipts to ensure all monies are collected and lodged for services provided.
· Update database for residents admissions/discharges ensuring all required information is recorded including information from allied health professionals.
· Manage purchasing process by ensuring accounts receivable invoices are logged, purchase order numbers are issued and invoices due are passed to accounts department for payment
· Ensure there is sufficient stationary and sundry supplies at all times
· Provide HR Administration support to Person in Charge by ensuring staff files are in place with required documentation.
· Support recruitment activities and manage training and development plans.
· Record and submit staff hours to payroll and provide other support as required.
· Manage all resident documentation including safe storage, filing, archiving, shredding and disposal as appropriate
· Ensure all office equipment is checked and serviced in line with standards/regulation and any defects identified are remedied in a timely fashion.
· Ensure compliance with safety statement, Data Protection legislation and all other relevant legislation which applies to residential homes.
· Prepare an annual calendar of meetings and audits to be undertaken throughout the year.
· Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation
· Greet all visitors to Maryfield Nursing Home, check their credentials where required and inform the Person in Charge/Nurse on Duty of their arrival.
· Ensure services users, their carers & families are treated with dignity and respect
· Undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Person in Charge/Deputy/Nurse on Duty
· Attending meetings where required as note taker – timely preparation of minutes detailing accurate account of meeting with action plan.
· Assist in planning and arranging events
· Maintaining accurate records of annual leave / sick leave for all staff
|Essential skills, competencies and/or knowledge||· Friendly attitude and professional manner
· Must possess excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities
· To work co-operatively and respectfully with management and staff
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications