Marian House Respite Home is a purpose built 12 bedded Home located in Ballindine, Claremorris, Co Mayo. It provides short stay residential care (typically one / two weeks at a time) to people living with dementia. Marian House is committed to the provision of person-centred, high-quality care to all home users.
Position: Person in Charge.
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time.
Role Summary: The Person in Charge is responsible for directing and coordinating the day to day operations of Marian House Respite Centre in accordance with the National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland. The Person in Charge will provide strategic and clinical leadership to ensure the provision of the highest possible standard of care and service to the resident, and their family members/representatives.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards, related regulations, and the National Standards for the Prevention & Control of Associated Infection in acute healthcare services.
- Oversee the management and operations of all aspects of the nursing home in partnership with the registered provider.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision for nursing and related services which results in the delivery of effective quality assured person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the resident.
- Promote, encourage, and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and using the appropriate reporting structure to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Develop and maintain competency levels necessary for professional practice.
- Be registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years.
- Have not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health & social care field.
- Minimum six years post registration nursing experience.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the aging process with experience in dementia care being an advantage.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
Application deadline: 16/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Person in Charge. Marian House Respite Home
Ballindine, Claremorris, Co. Mayo. F12 C9520
Apply with your CV to : email@example.com