Maryfield Nursing Home, Athenry, Co. Galway, are currently recruiting for full-time and part-time Healthcare Staff.
The successful applicants will work as part of the Care Team under the supervision of the Nurse in Charge. Healthcare Assistants are well supported in this team with clear policies and guidelines pertaining to their role. Ongoing training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
· Support and assist residents enabling them to fulfil their activities of daily living ensuring that residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible.
· Deliver a high standard of person-centred care ensuring all practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life.
· Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
· Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
· Participate in organising and carrying out in-house activities.
· Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable and hygienic state.
· Assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections. Knowledge Required:
· Candidates must have a certificate in or be currently studying for QQI Level 5 award or equivalent which should include Care Skills and Care of the Older Person modules. Skills Required:
· Caring personal with good communication and organisational skills. · Previous working experience in care of the older person within a residential care home setting is desirable.
· Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
· Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people. Benefits of working for Western Alzheimers:
· Attractive remuneration
· Training and Development Provided
· Induction Training Program Application
Please contact Marie Mellett on 091 844 833 or forward your CV to email@example.com Position subject to Garda Vetting.